Thursday, January 31, 2008

Valentines Day Ideas...ah oh...

Alright,

So I know Super Bowl is coming up but as I dont care much about what I am doing for it beyond spending it with Ten, my friends, watching the ads, and eating/making great food (and Ole Miss promised to teach me to play guitar hero, which I have heard amazing things about) I thought I might see what people's valentine's day plans are?



I had planned this great little trip to Ski Roundtop about 2 hours outside of DC. Apparently they have the most adult friendly Snow tubing hills (meaning fast :) ). I had assumed my mom would be back in town and I could borrow her car...well, after all my planning I guess they are right to say "assume- makes an ass out of u and me" because my mom won't be in town...of course...so as I cant find an alternate way to get out there without paying a crazy amount in "under 25" rental car fees, we will have to go another time when a car is avaliable. Well, Ten suggested last night that he would think of something fun for valentines day....now, maybe to most people that sounds normal, guy plans nice romantic surprise for valentines day, including wine, dinner and jewlery. that is not Ten. Ten is too relaxed, too casual, I feel like we never even went on real dates when we first started dating, don't get me wrong there was dinner involved but more activites which is how I prefer it. I prefer making memories over getting material items. I love romance as much as the next girl but in my opinion the most important thing is to do something memorable for both of us so we have stories to tell our kids (one day) and because it always just feels the most personal and romantic. Just Ten is not the best at doing these sorts of dates...this is my area.

However, almost always, not always, BUT ALMOST ALWAYS, I plan it. I am the event planner, the organizer, the anal time keeper. Maybe I am overly-obsessive control freak (which I am) I just always have better ideas..humph....But my plans fell through and in my moment of sadness over plans not being able to happen, i unwittlying agreed to let Ten plan something....oh no....i just hope it doesnt involve staying home watching football....



So I will let you all know what ends up happening and if I get any hints... so i can steer him away from any bad ideas....



What is everyone's plans for valentine's day? Single or Not Single.

V-day is not that bad. It is a day about love, not just for your significant other but for your friends and family!! If you are single spend it with your friends, or spend it with your family! Its a day to celebrate love, something we sometimes take advantage of.

1 comment:

Alison said...

haha I know exactly how you feel about the BF being too chill and isn't too great at planning. My bf's birthday is Feb 5th so it's always a bday/vday double whammy for me. Your ski trip sounds fab!