Thursday, January 17, 2008

I am a Jean Shopping Goddess

Good morning friendly blog readers:

One thing that I did not put on the 7 random things about me that should have been number one is :
I have a Jean Obsession. Not just any type of Jean, but let me tell you about my favorite friends in order of my personal preferences and the amount current sitting in my jean drawer that has had to expand to a jean chest and a summer/cropped jean box hiding till summer comes back:
1. Paige Denim (1 pair, my current nighttime favorite)
2. Rock and Republics (2 pairs, my old nighttime favorite, must be altered as I have lost weight, again! and a cropped pair for summer fun)
3. Citizens of Humanity (1 Pair, my NEWEST FABULOUS PURCHASE THANKS TO CUSP!)
3. J Brand Jeans (1 Pair, my white pair because you can't go all summer without white jeans)
3. Adriano Goldschmid (AG Jeans) (2 Pairs, 1 Current daytime favorite, 1 Old daytime fav)
6. Joes Jeans (3 pairs, Old day and night fav's, again must be altered due to weight loss issue)
7. Sevens (2 pairs, trusty day pair and corduroy because sometimes you want that crunchy look and still be fabulous)
8. Lucky's (not really designer but i still like them) , ( 2 pairs, My boyfriend style jeans that I do love for hikes in the woods and daytime wear only)
(I have others but as they are not designer they are solely for laundry day).

So on that note: I Must speak to my new Citizens and my friend Richard at the Cusp retailer near me:

Thank you, Thank you my dear Cusp store (convienently located next door) for the sale that brought my new Arrowhead citizens to me. They will be accompanying me to New York where they will be making my already fabulous bottom (have I mentioned my favorite assest is my ASS! which may explain the jean obsession) look hot and chic at any East Village Club I may be attending Saturday evening. Please see below for pictures of new fabulous pair that I must say at the low low price of $75 I would suggest you run, not walk, to your nearest Cusp store or check out Google.com for some of the amazing jean sales that are currently going on at online retailers near you.

I will also be at your service for any jean questions you may have. I can tell you about all of the above Jean brands, including my knowledge that:
1. Jeans made of %100 cotton will stretch out (Sevens unfortunatly has such problems)
2. Jeans made with 98% cotton and 2% elastin hold their shape much more efficiently (take Paige denim, and AG jeans, and my newest pair of citizens)
3. 1% elastin does hold shape well but can lead to saggy butt syndrom so if possible please wash after every 2 wearings (please include J Brand Jeans, Rock and Republics, and Lucky's in that category).

4. I can tell you that Paige denim is the best jeans for say, larger girls, I did not say Fat, I am saying larger which is not bad, some girls are not size 24 and have to have every jean altered, but they will do your slightly larger ass look say "juicy" vs. "saggy".

5. For smaller, petite girls Please check out: Frankie B Jeans (watch for plumber butt syndrome as those are dangerously low, and as I have enough to worry about I stay away usually), as well as J brand, and AG jeans which all fit me quite fabulously.

So those are my hints to start you all on your Jean Quest. Good Luck and I wish you Good Sales!

Oh there was this really cute pair of Taverniti Jeans but as I am new to the brand and am poor I only bought one...another day another pair of jeans.







6 comments:

Jamie Lovely said...

Loved this post!

I refuse to spend a lot on jeans right now. I stick to Gap and Old Navy. Once I lose about 2 sizes, I will be investing in some beautifully made jeans that make me look fabulous!

Blonde Features said...

I highly suggest it. My sister is larger than me and I think I gave her my designer denim disease and she looks absolutely fabulous in Paige Jeans because they hold in all the right places.

Yah, once you lose that weight splurge, because as I said, it sucks losing weight and not bring able to wear the jeans that no longer fit, and honestly who actually takes them in for refittings...I am just too lazy!

Anonymous said...

I am going to take this post the next time i go jeans shopping. I usually don't spend too much on jeans since i can't wear them often but i'm so damn picky. I usually get the hipsters from American Eagle but i'm in the market for a new dressier pair. Noted about the elastics.

Can't wait for happy hour!!!!

emily said...

Um. Can you take me jeans shopping? Pretty please?

Maybe I should wait til I can actually afford the brands you are talking about, but it sounds fun :-)

Right now I only have Lucky jeans (and I thought I was snazzy...) and J.Crew ones.

Hearts and Crafts said...

Oooo I love those jeans! I am going to have to check that brand out!

Alison said...

I just went through my jeans collection the other day cuz, and counted 32 pairs of designer jeans...of which I probably wear about 10 since I have to dress up for work. Your collection seems much more reasonable! I'm thinking of putting a few pairs up for auction on ebay...