Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Teasing Phone Games

So I just wrote this and looking back on it just skip right to the bottom about the phone games...


The one good thing about the writer’s stike is abc.com has gotten a little bit creative to keep their audience coming back…
- They are currently running episodes of my favorite “Daria-esque” show “My So Called Life”. That show really is great. Oh, the early ‘90’s, seeing this show makes me glad I was too young to be fashionable, and I got to skip over this and straight to leggings and boots (as bad as Uggs really look, they are just so damn comfortable it is hard to take them off…I will endure the Ugliness for the so soft, sheep-skin insides and the warm feeling of my snuggled toes…on a side note, so much for being a veggie…)
- Seasons 1-3 of Lost are on. I could not, to save my life, ever figure out what time and channel Lost was on, so I have watched Season 1 and 2 on DVD and now I get to watch it online. V. Excited
- I must admit, I actually like Notes from the Underbelly, granted it’s no Grey’s Anatomy but at least it is kinda funny and keeps me entertained. Whereas watching reruns of Grey’s Anatomy is like watching your best friend be mauled by a Tiger over and over again, talk about emotional overload, I can only watch Meredith mess up her relationship with McDreamy only so many times…and speaking of tiger, please, those kids deserved every last claw through their face, at least the tiger got one last claw in before he was wrongfully murdered…People, SHE WAS ONLY A TIGER, like she pre-mediated the murdering and shedding some blood. She probably saw 3 stupid “meals-on-wheels” really deserving a take-down and she gave it to them. YOU GO GIRL! and I digress...

Oh, and last but not least, my most current love is: the LAtimes.com crossword puzzle. They actually tell you if each individual letter is right or wrong without giving the whole damn word away like some other programs! Now, I just have to figure out how to play it at work and still look like I am doing something. I need to be faster at closing windows…I am really slow at it because I don’t want to look stupid and obviously guilty so I go really slow to be like “yah, so what? I ‘m reading blogs, what are you going to do about it…” but I would rather be faster so I could be like, “whistle, whistle, just writing emails like I should be”…

Oh and one last but priceless piece of information: I am currently in a stand-off with the other assistant. He has been out since like December because he went to Africa for like a month, so I was running the office all by myself (piece of cake)…and now he is back and is all like, I am in charge again and blah blah…so currently we are in a very passive aggressive struggle over the phones….All our bosses phones ring through our lines in case they don’t want to pick up, we can…So everytime the phone rings we both give it one ring, and then it is a scramble to see who can pick it up first…My style is very non-chalant like, “Oh, I’m pretending not to notice the first ring, but the second, I’ll just get that…” But my fingers work like speedy Gonzalez and I always win!

He does this super annoying thing where I am obviously and clearly sitting at my desk (no partitions or anything to block the view) and he will hear the first ring and could be like over on the other end of the room making a fax and he will head over to pick it up, as if I am clearly incapable of answering the phone. My favorite thing to do right now, is to wait for him to come across the room, start to pick up the phone and then I swoop in, dial *4, and get the call before he can, It’s even better when he starts to answer it out loud! HAH HAH! and of course, I do this without batting an eyelash, "oops, where you trying to answer that call?..."

Maybe, I really am a bitch at heart... Tee Hee…
Love these heels...If only I were rich...They work perfectly with my Inner-Demon

1 comment:

Pink Sun Drops said...

HOT heels! You guys could be an episode of The Office.