Tuesday, December 4, 2007

23 Year Old Has More Than One Job Offer...Never heard of it...

I never thought at 23 I would actually have career opportunities. and definitely not more than one! So the place where I work has just been sold. As a lowly sales and catering coordinator, I have been thinking about what this means for me. I have never been through a merger before. I dont know exactly how it works. Not only that our department does work for two hotels and only one of them is being sold, so even more confusing but...my big boss pulled me into his office after the announcement and said:



"I dont want you to ever worry about anything. The General Manager and I have been speaking and he has asked specifically for you to stay on at the other hotel (the one not being sold). Not only that, it would include a promotion to Conference Sales Manager".....



WOW!!! I have barely worked one year in the hotel business and already a promotion in the works! and not only that but there are so many opportunities since there are plans for a fabulous renovation on the hotel!



and now here comes the drumroll...Not only do I have one option...I have two!!



The General Manager of the Restaurant at one of the hotels (this is just any restaurant mind you, this is one of the best in the country), met with me in a private covert operation because....dah dahn naaaa..... he wanted to discuss with me possible job opportunties

He basically needs an assistant for himself, the PR Rep for the Chef, and the event planner needs help with private party planning! And as I learn more and more, they will be needing me as a sales and event planner the bigger the restuarant grows (which it is growing with 2 new ones in California which also means a connection to cali! Yay!)



So what does a 23 year old, career oriented, infectionsly excited about life do?



If anyone has any advice, maybe you have been in this situation, I would love to hear what you did!



I never thought I would be asking this question yet: But what is worth more...



1. Money and Job Possibilities now...

0r

2. Something I love with Job possibilies in the future....


(Just a hint, London suggested that I go for number 1, she says with my career aspirations I should take every step I am given to continue climbing the corporate ladder....)




Me in the future of course... :)

1 comment:

emily said...

from your descriptions of the jobs I can't even tell which one is the one that you "love"! I say do which ever one you will wake up in the morning most excited for work with.... (but money is nice too :-))