Monday, February 18, 2008

Valentine’s Day Surprises are a treat

So I guess I will post the final post on Valentine’s Day. I had to let you all know what Ten ended up planning. So Friday evening, I got all dressed up in this great dress I bought at white house/black market. I had fabulous black shoes from New Years that I repeated. I did my hair and got all dolled up with lots of mascara (for the googly eyes I intended on throwing Ten all night long) and baby pink lipstick from L’Oreal. Ten shows up looking as handsome as ever in a baby blue button down shirt with a pinstriped suit on, and not obnoxious pin stripes, but just slightly there stripes that make him look like a sexy lawyer type, or someone with a lot of money! We posed for a few pictures because I had to have a few and then got on the metro (probably the only downer of the night was not having access to a car but at least we did our part for the environment). So we get off at chinatown and I still had no clue where we could be going that my dress was appropriate for in Chinatown. And after a few minute walk, we approached Ruth Chris Steakhouse. Not every girl’s dream, but definitely as a steak lover, it was my dream. I only ONLY eat steak on special occasions, and so I died on the spot. “really?!! I get to eat steak tonight?!! We are actually going inside!!? This is too much!! Yum yum!! I love steak…SQUEAL! FAINT…” that is about how I sounded when we walked in. I NEVER EAT STEAK, because of the guilt factor. But Ten gave me permission tonight to not feel guilty and to enjoy myself. I had a flirtini: made of ketel one, cranberry juice, grapefruit juice and it came out a pale pale pink that matched the valentine’s day spirit and my lipstick. I batted my eyelashes at him all night long, while I died (or dined) on my plate of Filet and Shrimp, in pure meat overdose and deliciousness. We cooed sweet nothings to each other all night, ignoring the very large and very loud family sitting near us (I want to know who can afford to take all 14 members of your family to Ruth Chris, and how do I get myself one of those families.) All and all it was a wonderful night, filled with love mumurs, filet mignon, and flirtinis. I couldn’t have asked for a better Valentine’s Day. THANK YOU TEN!

In other news, my job still is in a standstill…Just waiting for a decisions… let’s just hope it comes sooner rather than later. I am starting to get antsy and I had a slight mental breakdown last night, knowing I had to go to work today, and my brain went colliding with the internet frantically searching for culinary school options, hospitality school options, jobs in California, jobs in DC…and not knowing what to do. Ten calmly talked me down, giving me a plan, which is exactly what I needed. A plan that just until the end of the summer we will definitely be staying in DC and that’s all I needed to know. And like that the fever abated, the sweating cooled to a slight damp drizzle, and I used the extra adrenaline to do a full scale clean of my room, dusting to changing sheets, to getting rid of unnecessary clutter.

I am sorry I have been such a bad blogger lately. I do appreciate all the good vibe comments you guys have been giving me. I just have been so consumed by my own life I haven’t been able to concentrate on others.

Thanks for dealing with my selfishness!

2 comments:

Alison said...

mmm i LOVE Ruth's! My BF took my to a steakhouse for Valentine's too...yum! As for the family of 14, I would've loved to be the waitor who got that tip ;)

The Smarter Princess said...

I'm so glad he exceeded expectations! But now I have a major steak craving....