Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Bar Review Edition _ "Rumors"

“Rumors” Review – 1900 M St. NW

I spent last Saturday, forcing myself past a very large man, pushing through a very small door, and trekking through a path that “magically appeared” as a pushed myself like a jigsaw puzzle piece fitting myself through the crowd to the bar where I very quickly needed a drink. Is it just me or is DC expanding? I, once again, spent my Saturday evening at a crowded popular DC bar, called Rumors. It is located at 1900 M St. near Farragut Square and Dupont Circle. If this bar had been located in like Iowa, Indiana, even some remote spot in DC like say Crystal City (J I live there so don’t get mad) I would have loved the bar. The problem was the amount of people in the place could have fit in the new Nationals Stadium! It was maxed out!! Maybe it’s just me, but when I go to a bar I enjoy having room to dance and breathe, I don’t like when dancing is mandatory because the people are so close next to you that everyone sort of has to sway with the crowd. I’ve got moves people!! How am I supposed to break it down, with all those people cramping my style?! It is also frustrating when Cambouri comes all the way from New York to go out for the evening and she spent half of it in line waiting for people to leave the bar because it was at capacity at around 11:00pm. I even pleaded with the bouncer if he would let my gorgeous, BALLERINA friend into the bar, because 1. she is hot, 2. she was by herself, and 3. SHE WAS COLD! He just stood there and grunted negatively…ugh, I hate bouncers like that, there should be an unspoken rule that girls should not have to stand in line by themselves. So my conclusion, it would be a lot of fun if it was reasonably packed and didn’t cost $5 dollars to get into an overcrowded dance floor that they tried to call a bar. I would suggest going early and leaving early. Personally, I like having room to enjoy myself and when a place is that overcrowded it’s just not fun anymore.

In other news, HR pulled me aside today. Basically, she told me in a closed door meeting that it doesn’t look like the position I want will be available for at least 6 months or more…soo…..Tonight’s Mission If I can Stomach it: Plan my life….

Option 1: New Job
Option 2: Stay, but they will incorporate a training program with all the information I WOULD LIKE TO LEARN to HELP ME on my career path….further details still to come

So…I have a lot of soul searching to do. WISH ME LUCK!

6 comments:

B said...

Looks like a WHOLE lotta people are job hunting right now. Argh.

Anonymous said...

in response to deutlich,

those of us searching for jobs atm, should all meet for a "brainstorming" drinkski sometime in the near future. and then...we should all meet for celebratory drinks when we all get new jobs (one by one..by one..)

good luck with the soul searching <3

and i've heard rumors is a cougar den...is it true?a

Natalia said...

people just don't understand that just some people HAVE to dance :) haha! good blog! I like the promotion of blondes ;)

Blonde Features said...

Thanks Natunia!!Of Course, Blondes have more fun, even in washingto :) And whats the point of going to a bar if there is no dancing??

Anonymous said...

Oh honey! Nobody in their right mind begs to get into RUMORS. That's the epicenter of the Herpes Triangle - the guys there are mostly tools. The next time your friend is in town from NY, take her to U Street (Local 16)or 14th (Saint Ex) - much better people. Or if you must do Dupont, try 18th street lounge.

Blonde Features said...

Thanks for the ideas! I am always looking for new places to go in DC!