Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Apparently I've got Potential? A great theme in my life currently

So having long forgotten this blog it came as quite a surprise when I saw it's name on the Cusp website!!!!! can i just say AHHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!,....

I turned bright red out of embarrassment when I saw that, immediately double checked what I had written to make sure I couldn't get in trouble with my bosses if they ever found out because (as I haven't mentioned yet) two of my bosses are very gay = which doesn't always equal, but in this case it applies, LOVE CUSP and I wouldn't be surprised if they read the blog lists every now and again...luckily...I figured they would approve considering it was just the truth, so I stopped worrying about that...then I started worrying about what this meant...did it just mean I had a a really girly title (which I do) and my profile was pink...did it mean it was just too funny not to include (meaning like Laughing at me, not with me)....or did it actually mean my blog had a chance at survival?

Of course, after I double checked my blog for possible scandals *none so far* I stole away from my desk to call my best friend London. I hadn't told any of my friends about this blog as I honestly thought I would probably forget about it due to total embarrassment about opening up my mind to the world to see. She couldn't believe I had started a blog and hadn't told her. She lives in Miami, is way posher than me but that is why I keep her around, for fashion ideas :) She works for a make-up company which works well to be her best friend lots of great perks!

She laughed when she first saw it saying it sounded just like me and then was like you know, maybe it just means you have potential...

Seems to be a great theme happening in my life, the problem is do I like what that potential means for my life?

Lately, I have been getting the first year itch. I am sure most people get this, but coming out of college the longest job I ever worked FULL TIME for was over the summer, and thankfully I always got to go back to the sunny beach at UCSB and spend the school year partying off the dust of those boring summers couped up in the office.
In January, I will have my one year anniversary at my job, and how do I feel...

"CAN I QUIT YET??"


It's not like my job sucks (even if it is a little ridiculous), but I MISS WEARING MY ROCK N' REPUBLIC JEANS EVERYDAY!! I miss going to Old Town Tavern (OTT) on Wednesday nights for Karaoke Night (the thing to do at UCSB on Wednesdays). It sucks growing up...

Well, to satisfy the one year itch from my job I always make sure to go out at least one night a week (how sad is that). Last time I posted my friends and I braved the line of Asian Professionals at Ibiza. Apparently, the friday we went it was Asian Young Professionals night so my friends and I looked slightly out of place. We were also disappointed with the lack of $5 Champagne Cocktails that had been advertised online. But despite the lack of bubbles the Champagne would have added to the night, it was a great night away from the typical Georgetown, Dupont Circle, Clarendon bars. We spent most of the night on the large dance floor where the DJ went a little MTV on us switching the music every 30 secs, I was really angry when he cut Britney's newest song off since I hadn't heard it yet!
The guys were nice, even some cute ones but the ones throwing dollar bills off the top floor were a little rando. It was hard to resist going to pick the dollars up though... I was like dancing on them, but I have my dignity, even if my salary could have done with a little perk even if it just pays for my morning Starbucks... So I would give it 3 thumbs up, print out those silly little passes that get you in before midnight, and if possible get on a VIP list and even try and know someone, that was how tight security was and how long the line was to get in before Midnight (when they start charging a cover).

So I will do my best to make the CUSP list proud! There are blogs on that list that I idolize and I feel almost embarrassed to be even associated with such great and more importantly fun/interesting writers!


So i guess I will finish it off with a question that I have been struggling with lately, as a person who works in the hospitality industry, surrounded by do-gooder Washingtonians:

Is it better to do something you are good at?

OR

Is it better to do something worthwhile, even if you suck at it?




(How very Carey Bradshaw of me :)




PS: I am still figuring out all the features of the Blog so hopefully I will soon be able to upload pictures and other fun things.










No comments: