Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I am doing my best!

Hi All,

I know I suck recently. But i have been so busy!! i can't believe all the crazy things that have happened in my life.

First off, the new job (which I guess isn't so new anymore). I have been promoted from Coordinator whatever...to Private Dining Sales Manager and a Manager of the restaurant! YAY!! Not only that, I don't want to give too much away but we won an award at the James Beard Foundation which is amazing!! For those of you who don't watch Top Chef, this is like winning an Oscar but for restaurants. So it is amazing that I am now the official Private Dining Manager for a James Beard award winning restaurant.

So mostly I have been working very very hard, to adjust to my new position and as those of you can imagine, the restaurant hours are crazy and busy and I have barely seen anyone, let along blog.


Not only that I have taken a step towards my future. Ole Miss and I decided to get off our lazy butts and take a GMAT class, so we can ace our GMAT test probably at the end of the summer (but we will see). The class is once a week for six weeks, for THREE FUCKING HOURS oh..and Fifteen minutes...and not only that it is from 6:30 -945pm....which is quite tiring. BUT IT IS A GREAT CLASS!!

Please check this company out, it is called Test-Ease LLC...yes like the sweaty male body part we all have to touch at one point in our lives :( UGH! , but seriously, Ole Miss and I were a little worried wondering if we had just given some person with a funny sense of humour our $500 so he could go to Mexico, but no, the class is great and they do all sorts of other types of studying help, and it is the cheapest tutoring around and our teacher Jay is awesome! I highly recommend it, especially if you don't mind a cuss word or two (considering every math problem he describes always ends with the words, "this one is so fucked up but here is how you solve it") hahah!

Places I have been recently: (a little quick restaurant review time)

Brasserie Beck: A much more sophisticated version of "Brickskellers". A belgium restautant with a great beer list that contains dozens upon dozens of amazing belgium beers (as a belgium beer lover this was my kind of place). Ten and I went on a date night, just the two of us and got a bunch of beers and some frites, or french fries with an awesome trio of yummy mayos (just like the europeans). It was a little pricey, it ended up being like 50 bucks for the two of us for beers and fries, and Ten asked me if next time we can go somewhere cheaper...hmm...I think after 4 years he is getting cheap on me. :)

We also went to New York City back to my good old favorite: Yuca Bar. YUM! Cambouri and I died over heaping plates of huevos rancheros and Ten joined us this time and swooned over his bananna pancakes.

My family and I went to Bread bar at Tabla, which was great. It was indian american fusion food. The chicken tikka melts in your mouth as did the baby octopus, and while I was too hung over from the 4th to enjoy any of their amazing drinks, my parents and younger sister did not hold back and they were all wasted by the end of the meal...so typical :)


We saw Spring Awakening. It is the musical that won the tony award for best musical last year...it was good...if you don't mind sex on stage, lots of really young people talking about sex, while you are sitting next to your parents, your younger sister and your boyfriends....akward comes to mind....
It was good, and i am a prude or anything but it was slightly awkward and I felt like it was trying to be Rent, and being a fanatical Rent Lover I guess it was okay.

So that's it for now, I will try and get back in the blog world as soon as possible. I am just so super busy.

I hope life it good for us all and I promise when I get more time to keep you as updated as possible, but I have been catching up with all my old favorites I just don't have as much time anymore since I am not sitting at a desk.

No comments: