Saturday, April 5, 2008

I'm BACK!

Dear Readers,

I am back from my haitus. I apologize for the recent silence i have been very very busy...so let's get to it...

My life as I know it is very different then it was last time I updated. Things that have happened include:

I went to Miami
I went to the hottest new nightloung called the Florida Lounge at the Delano Hotel.
I met Eva Longoria there. (ok, well I didnt meet her but I did get to attend her birthday party...okay, it's not exactly how it sounds, I happened to be at the club she was celebrating her birthday at but I did get to sing her happy birthday, well not just me, but you get it :)
I met the Mayor of Miami at the Delano also, and I did actually meet her. My friend from high school is a photographer for Ocean Drive Magazine (kinda the society pages of Miami) and so knows everyone, every hot place and can get into every hot place.

Miami was amazing!! I was visiting London. Since you last saw her in this blog, she has broken up with her boyfriend (which is a good thing in her eyes), she has won Employee of the Year (at L'Oreal!!) and is still one of the most awesome and amazing friends I have. She is amazingly sweet and fun and I extended my stay longer just to spend a little bit more time with her, and maybe in the MIami Sun :)

I have also started my new job at the Restaurant! YAYA!!! SO excited!

So since I started here, the restaurant has been nominated by the James Beard Foundation (if you dont know what that is I suggest you watch a little Top Chef) as Best New Restaurant in Country. Now, it hasnt won yet, but we will : )

My title is kinda vague, basically I am a manager/program coordinator. I do a wide vareity of things but I love it!!! I love my new job, i love my new bosses and i love my new french chef :) Everyone was right, he is cuter than my other one, nicer, and his accent is just soooo adorable, you just want to pinch his cheeks. I already have a nickname as well, The chef refers to me as "Sweetcakes". Apparently that is a french cutesy name. I dont care he can call me whatever he likes :)


Ten and I had our anniversary...we didnt do anything except go on a very nice run to see the DC sites, and then make dinner but it was perfect for me. It was one of those really nice days we have just had in DC where it was 70 degrees. Ten and I really enjoy our runs and it was just so perfect to be finally outside enjoying the weather, enjoying the beautiful DC sites and just spending time together. I dont know exactly how many years we have been together but we are guessing around 4. So we have decided that it would be our 4 year anniversary.

Places i have been lately that I suggest going are....hmmm...I actually dont think I have gotten out lately... I am going to Poste I think today for drinks, we may end up at Zengos, but now that I am located in Penn Quarter for work I think it is time to start trying out the bars and happy hours here.

I love Clydes! I highly suggest going there for a drink if you ever get a chance. Look for the Bartender Earl, he is a fabulous bartender and very nice. I love going into bars and asking the bartenders to make me whatever they want and he is a great sport and makes me awesome drinks :) (Bartenders hate me, but I still love it, how else am I supposed to try new drinks).

I suggest Rocket Bar, if you are looking for a fun laid back bar that is not too crowd. I have gone there with a few friends and the many televisions keep the sports crazed occupied (ie: Ten) and the billiards tables, and darts provides fun for all ages. As well, it is nice to just hang around and catch up with your friends.

Another suggestion:McCormick and Schmicks for their happy hour of course is amazing. It's like 2.95 for like the greatest appetizers and they don't skimp on size! you can get a full half pound burger and fries. I would also highly suggest their buffalo wings...

Something I learned last weekend: I learned that if you go to Eastern Market at around 3:45 great deals can be found. I was a little late heading to the market but as it is one of my favorite things to do on Saturdays, especially now that it is strawberry season I decided to risk it. When I got there everything was being sold at next to nothing. I bough 3 baskets of strawberries for 2 dollars, 1 bin of red potatoes, and 1 bin of cherry tomatoes for dollar each. It was great! The only problem was I missed the deli place I love in the market itself, since it was closed by the time I got there. If you are looking for a great activity in DC I would highly suggest Eastern Market.

Another place as a DC local that I love, is the Waterfront. If you get off the metro at L'Enfant Plaza and head down to the water (past the Mayflower hotel, ( i forgot what street it is) you can buy fresh fish, shrimp, maryland crabs, oysters, clams anything!! all fresh off the boats. They are actually boats that you buy from. The expereince is great, find the best deal, order steamed crabs hand your cash down to the guy on the boat and he packs a brown paper bag full of fresh maryland crabs, or hands you a plate of fresh shucked oysters. Their clam chowder is delicious as well. My favorite past time is to pick up crabs, shrimp etc. and find a nice spot on the grassy hill across the way and settle in for a great lunch or dinner. You could also take it down to the monuments and go see the cherry blossoms since tis the season.

So, I guess for now, thank you for your patience and hope everyone is doing well.
If anyone has suggestions for great happy hours, drinks, or dinner places in Penn Quarter or Chinatown, let me know!

2 comments:

emily said...

Glad the job is going well! I can't wait to come back to DC to try a bunch of new places for food and drinks with you!

Britni said...

I'm actually going to Clyde's this weekend and may have to make it out to McCormick and Shmick's sometime soon.